Joshua V. Azran
CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CGMA, CFE
CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CGMA, CFE
Certifications & Credentials:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
Awards & Accolades:
- Mentor - Founder Institute World’s Largest Entrepreneur Training & Startup Launch Program
- Mentor in Excellence Award Winner - Founder Institute - Los Angeles 2013
- Global 100 (Top Ranked Startup Mentors Worldwide) - Founder Institute
- Mentor - CalCPA Los Angeles Chapter
- Mentor - Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Mentor - StartupGrind
- Exam Writer - AICPA Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Exam Writing Task Force
- Beta Tester - AICPA Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) Exam
- Advisory Council Member - Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Customer Council Program Participant - Accountant and Advisor Customer Council for Intuit Inc. - 2012–2014
- Intuit VIP 40 (Top 40 Global Accounting Influencers) - Intuit Inc.
FEATURED ON THE COVER OF ACCOUNTING TODAY
Joshua V. Azran is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with extensive experience ensuring clients’ financial success by providing strategic guidance and management of financial functions. Joshua is a visionary leader with expertise in public accounting, corporate finance, strategic management, financial restructuring, business valuation, management consulting, and business development. He is skilled at identifying value-added opportunities, implementing solutions, and partnering with professionals at all levels of an organization to ensure the success of financial initiatives. He excels at utilizing a consultative client approach to bring integrated solutions to even the most complex issues. Joshua has a strong reputation for “going the extra mile”, in order to achieve 100% client satisfaction through the creation of high-trust, high-impact relationships with clients.
Joshua holds a Bachelor of Science with a dual major in Economics and Finance from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey. Following college, Joshua was recruited into Johnson & Johnson’s (J&J) prestigious Financial Leadership Development Program (FLDP), serving roles in both internal audit and corporate finance. Joshua left to move to Goldman Sachs and finally into owning an apparel manufacturing company before bringing his experience to serve clients.
Joshua formed Maginam Consulting in 2005 which provided financial consulting and strategic management services to private and public companies including interim-CFO and controller services, management consulting, financial modeling, business valuation, mergers & acquisitions advisory services, and restructuring services. Maginam provided Startup CFO services to a variety of tech startups & entertainment companies during this time. A heavy focus was on the “second wave of mobile startups” with Joshua serving in the top finance roles (Finance Director & CFO) and overseeing day-to-day operations at one of the market leaders at the time.
In addition to heading Maginam, Joshua also concurrently taught financial modeling and valuations to investment bankers and management consultants for the Wall Street Training Firm, The Analyst Exchange for companies ranging from Morgan Stanley to DLC.
Wanting to provide more comprehensive solutions for his clients, Joshua entered into Public Accounting. He rapidly pursued and achieved many of the top accounting designations.
In November 2010, Joshua founded Azran Financial, with a vision to utilize his extensive expertise and experience in the field, coupled with the latest technology, to provide efficient solutions and the very best service for his clients. The original focus of the firm was to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and investment funds and to do so through leveraging cloud accounting.
The firm established itself early as a thought leader in startup accounting. Mr. Azran is known as the original Startup CPA. On the investment funds side, it was Real Estate CPA and Venture Capital CPA work which became an early and strong focus area due to deep subject matter expertise, especially with regard to International Tax. More recently, the firm and Mr. Azran has established themselves as thought leaders in the area of Blockchain Accounting and Cryptocurrency Taxation.
In addition to Azran Financial, Joshua was a lecturer in the College of Business Administration at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles where he developed & taught the Business Institutions class, required for all business majors. He also spends time serving on the boards of several charitable and professional organizations. Joshua also lectures frequently on topics including but not limited to personal and small business finance & tax planning, startup accounting, startup taxation, business valuation, & strategic planning.