Joshua Azran receives the Mentor In Excellence Award from Founder Institute, the world’s largest startup technology incubator program, for his work with the Los Angeles Spring 2013 Class
Joshua Azran selected to be 1 of 40 Global Accounting Leaders to attend Intuit VIP Accounting Professionals Summit
I am pleased to announce that I will be speaking in an upcoming Strafford live phone/web seminar, “Tax Challenges With U.S.-Based Private Equity Fund Formation” scheduled for Thursday, August 15, 1:00pm-2:50pm EDT.
The normal “flow-through” structures used by private equity funds can create U.S. tax problems for tax-exempt and non-U.S. limited partners of the private equity funds.
The American Tax Relief Act of 2012 has a significant impact on private equity deals, both in terms of investment strategy and compensation policy. Investors and fund managers must adjust their internal rate of return calculations to take into account the higher tax rates.
Our experienced panel of veteran tax advisors will identify opportunities to minimize your client’s federal and state taxes when investing in private equity funds that include other differently situated investors with competing tax objectives.
Our panel will provide tax advisors with a summary of basic fund prototypes, a comprehensive review of the principal U.S. tax objectives of the general partner and the fund manager, and explain the various categories of investors in a typical fund and location of fund.
We will offer our perspectives and guidance on these and other critical issues:
- The impact of the American Tax Relief Act of 2012
- How the new 3.8% Medicare tax can be minimized.
- Structures for U.S. investors investing in U.S. and non-U.S. based funds.
- Alternative approaches to both common and unique tax scenarios for tax professionals who regularly advise private equity funds and their investors.
After our presentations, we will engage in a live question and answer session with participants so we can answer your questions about these important issues directly.
I hope you’ll join us.
Or call 1-800-926-7926 ext. 10
Ask for Tax Challenges in Private Equity Fund Formation on 8/15/2013
Joshua V. Azran CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CGMA, CFE
Intuit® Accountant and Advisor Customer Council member and Azran Financial Founder, Joshua Azran shares some ideas for Sustainable Methods for Surviving the Busy Tax Season.
Joshua V. Azran, Azran Financial APC:
Scan everything. As soon as documents arrive in the office, scan and catalog them along with the rest of the tax files. This process allows us to know that nothing can ever get “lost in the shuffle.”
Read more below:
- About Us
- Accounting & Audit
- Azran Financial Blog | Accounting | Finance | Tax | Advisory
- Blockchain Accountants | Cryptocurrency CPA | Azran Financial
- Bookkeeping & Write-Up
- Business & Management Consulting
- Business Management
- Business Valuation
- Cryptocurrency Tax
- Financial Statement Audit | Review | Compilation | Preparation | Internal Controls
- Focus Areas
- Forensic Accounting
- International Tax Accountants
- Joshua V. Azran CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA ,CGMA, CFE
- Los Angeles
- Manufacturing | Wholesale | Distribution
- Outsourced Accounting Services
- Part-Time CFO | Interim CFO | Cloud CFO
- Payroll Preparation & Payroll Tax
- R&D Tax Credits
- Real Estate Development | Real Estate Management | Construction
- San Francisco
- Startup Accountant – New
- Startup CPA | Startup Accounting, Tax, Finance, & Consulting For Entrepreneurs
- Startup CPA’s | Startup Accounting, Tax, Finance, & Consulting For Entrepreneurs
- Tax Compliance & Tax Planning
- Tax Planning
- Tax Preparation | Tax Compliance
- Tax Problems
- Terms of Services
- Venture Capital | Private Equity | Hedge Funds